Kids can enjoy observing the process of how seeds develop into plants by growing seeds in a bag. Seeds can be placed in a sunny window and will immediately begin sprouting because they don't require soil to start germination. This allow the children to observe the process of seed sprouting. Even though this experiment is so easy to do, there is a lot to learn from it. This growing seed in a bag activity is very simple to do. The materials that you need are dry beans and some plastic bags.
At the end of the activity the students will be able to:
water in a watering can
seeds like lima beans, mongo beans
1.The students will write their name in the ziplock bag.
2. Get the tissue or paper towel and put little water using a water can.
3. Place the wet tissue inside the ziplock bag.
5. Place the 8-10 seeds and let them sit on the wet tissue.
6. Seal the bag. Place the bag on the window where the sun is shining.
7. The next day. After this time, The students should be able to watch the seeds begin to sprout and pop open.
8.The students will observe seeds to fully sprout in 3 to 7 days
9. After a few more days leave will start to grow.
10. At this point, the plant is now ready to be moved in the soil where the students will continue to watch them grow.
1. How does planting seeds in a bag differ from the way we plant them?
2. Do you think the seeds will grow in the bag? Why or Why not?
3. What if we don't put water on the tissue?
4. Record how the seeds begin to grow by drawing and measuring them on their notebook.
writer, 555 view(s)
University of Santo Tomas is one tourist spot we should all visit at least once here in Manila
writer, 836 view(s)
revisiting an old authentic chinese restaurant.
writer, 540 view(s)
Ma Mon Luk, An authentic chinese comfort food right in the heart of Quezon City