This easy to make Chocolate Cake will be loved by our Kindergarteners. It only requires 3 ingredients. We will not use egg, flour, sugar and butter for this cake. One more thing is that, we will not bake the cake but we will put it in Microwave oven. This lesson will teach them how to mix, pour the ingredients and also work with their groupmates.
The teacher will be observing the children most of the time. The teacher will be the one to put the mixture in microwavable glass in the microwave oven. Before this activity, the teacher will ask the students for their parent's consent for this cooking and tasting activity.
At the end of the lesson the children are expected to
A. Explore how properties of materials changed when mixed with other materials
B. Observe the steps in making chocolate cake
C. Talk about the steps in making chocolate cake
Chocolate cookies ( Chips Ahoy, Chips Delight)
1. Ask the children who among them has tasted cake? What cake have they tasted? Chocolate, Strawberry, Vanilla cake?, Who have tried baking Cakes?
2. Show the children the ingredients and Materials in making chocolate cake.
3. Ask them why do we need to put baking powder/ or baking soda?
4. Before making chocolate cake, the children will wash their hands and wear their apron.
1. Break the cookies into the bowl. Ask the children, how does cookies feel while they are breaking them to pieces? Some answers can be, the cookies are hard, dry and crunchy.
2. Put a half teaspoon of baking powder.
3. Pour 1 cup of milk.
4. Mix all the ingredients- Ask the children what does the mixture looked like? What happened to the cookies? Why?
5.Put the ingredients in a microwave-safe glass and cook the cake for 10 minutes, or until it is completely dry and baked throughout. Use a toothpick to check it.
Chocolate Cake Making
Arrange the steps in making Chocolate Cake by writing the number in order (1-5) on the blank.
Mix all the ingredients. _________
Add baking powder. __________
Put the mixture in the microwave. ________
Break the cookies. _________
Pour the milk. _________
Draw what your cake looked like:
How does your cake tasted like?
writer, 555 view(s)
University of Santo Tomas is one tourist spot we should all visit at least once here in Manila
writer, 837 view(s)
revisiting an old authentic chinese restaurant.
writer, 540 view(s)
Ma Mon Luk, An authentic chinese comfort food right in the heart of Quezon City