As difficult as some individuals may believe it to be,well being a freelance content writer is not. You only need to advertise yourself, find a customer, and create blog entries on websites to start making money when there are advertisements on them in order to get started. You don't need any tools or pricey items. I’ve seen people upset about the lack of strong resources or how much tools can cost, and I’ve seen people put off starting to work simply because they felt overwhelmed with information. When their blog entries do not generate any revenue, they too feel hopeless and sad.
Here are the truths I have discovered on my journey in writing.
- When you initially start, you shouldn't spend ANY money as all you really need is a laptop and some free writing software
- You don't have to be an expert to get started. As you proceed, you can do research, watch youtube videos, read other articles to get much ideas.
- Market yourself, especially using social media. Social media is free and, if you are writing essays, novels or freelancer, this is completely necessary.
- To get started, there are no pricey courses or other fees required. Find one individual who will pay you fairly for your labor, and presto! You work as a freelancer for pay.
- Determine how much you should be making and base your pricing on it. then maintain it. For a freelancer, setting a price and sticking to it are important.
- You're free to decline jobs even when you're just getting started! So many freelancers believe they must work for free in order to expand their portfolios, gain experience, or any other reason. However, I would decline if I didn't feel comfortable doing it.
- Make sure you deeply understand blogging and article writing. If you wll start writing on websites and apply for ads for example adsense, you have to study how it works fully.
- Establish a contract. This is quite significant. Payment terms, delivery dates, deadlines, and all other matters pertaining to the client/freelancer relationship should be specified in your contract. Before ANY work is done, both of you must sign this document and pay a deposit in some scenario.
- Even when you’re first looking for clients and feel so inexperienced, don’t ever work for free. For example in Upwork and Freelancer, Make Proposals and as you get hired then you will gain your experience.
- My breakthrough or the client that I had work before was from the social media in Facebook. It gave me an opportunity to be an author of a textbook and it was published. So you can get clients in social media like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter etc.
- You can direct message anyone on Facebook, upwork, instagram or other platforms, once you see potential clients send them your cover letter or quick message.
Hi Im Thessa. I am a content writer and an educator as well. I am interested to work with you.
I have been writing articles, blogs and doing research. I manage a website and put my contents and articles there. The articles are about the latest news about technology, Science and Technology, Health, Fashion, food and many more.
In addition to that I am also helping college students in their homework. Some homework are about writing advocacies, opinions, and medical research. The subjects are Biology, Nutrition, Physiology, Anatomy and Ecology.
I feel I have the knowledge, talents, and ability to successfully accomplish this job. I am confident that I will be able to assist you in this way.
- Use quality images. Try to capture a nice photo that isn't blurry, overly crowded, or anything else, even if they are selfies from your phone.
- Just be you. When writing contents for the website, I provide a wide variety of content, including food, travel, my own blogs, and other things from my day. I'm being myself and expressing who I am rather than simply seeking out random likes.
- Since you have no other employer to answer to except yourself, freelance work is frequently quite flexible to meet the needs of the client. This versatility, though, is not without disadvantage. As you work for a client or projects at whatever hour suits them most, it occasionally may mean getting less sleep. As for me, I have to work late at night when everyone is sleeping.