The wonderful island of Boracay is well-known for its resorts, white sand beaches, and lively atmosphere. Some of the top relaxing activities may be found there as well. Boracay has everything, whether you want to get a massage or go island hopping.
On April 18–21, 2023, we got the wonderful opportunity to travel. Thanks to my sister's and her friend's generosity. Our hotel and flight were planned by her four months earlier.
We had been taking family vacations around the Philippines. The difference this year was that we were also traveling with a toddler. We had a great time on our lengthy trip to Boracay.
At 7:20 a.m., we will be heading to Caticlan. Everyone was excited. We got up at 1:30 a.m and got ready.
We ate a simple breakfast.
At three in the morning, we headed to NAIA airport. Less than an hour is required for traveling to the airport in Caticlan.
From there, we began on our own travel experience. I call it a do-it-yourself trip since we can save little amount of money with it.
DIY ROUNDTRIP TRANSFER CATICLAN AIRPORT TO BORACAY ISLAND
1. From CATICLAN airport, We rode a tricycle going to the port, We paid our stickers in the airport and pay it at at the small booth located near the tricyle terminal.
2. Upon arrival at the port terminal, We went straight to the entrance, and looked for the registration window, We showed our hotel booking and ID's and paid terminal fee for 150 each, boat fee 50 each and environmental fee for 150 each. We showed our boat tickets and got our seat number from the porters before going inside the boat.
3. From port, we rode an etricycle going to our hotel. We paid 200 pesos special trip near D'MALL.
Breakdown of fees per person one way.
150 terminal fee
50 boat fee
150 environmental fee
200 pesos divided for 5 persons etrike
Total 440 pesos per head ( Going to Boracay island)
1. From station 2, we rode an etrike going to port, we paid 200 pesos special trip.
2. We went inside the terminal and paid our boat fee for 50 each and terminal fee for 150 each. We Showed our tickets to the porter and got your seat numbers. We Checked the name of the boat in the seat numbers given so we were sure that we were riding the correct boat.
3. From port, we rode a tricycle going to caticlan airport for 25 each.
Breakdown of fee per person
50 boat fee
150 terminal fee
Total 265 pesos per head
(From hotel to airport) 440+265 = 705 per head roundtrip transfer plus fees
*DIY TRANSFER is very convenient because etricycles are just around. But if you want a private transfer you can also look for affordable ones. It costs around 300 pesos for bus and 200 for vans both modes of transportations are inclusive of boat ride. It is about 1.5 to 2 hours of land travel from Kalibo to Caticlan, and from Caticlan Port it would take 15 minutes boat ride to Jetty Port.
Remember to show appropriate identification if you are traveling with senior citizens, students, or people with disabilities/determination so they can receive a reduction on environmental, terminal, and boat fees. Seniors and students receive a terminal and environmental charge reduction of 30 pesos; the boat fee is reduced by 10 pesos.
It was an exciting feeling as we traveled to Boracay. There are a lot of Etrikes, which cost 15 pesos per person to ride. The entire town of Boracay has some sort of commercialization.
We enjoyed our peaceful stay at the hotel. Feliz Hotel Boracay is conveniently situated in Station 2 of D'Mall and is only a minute's walk from the beach. Being close to a market and a D'mall makes it quite convenient. The hotel is also well-kept. We enjoyed on their breakfast and pool.
11:30am We arrived in Boracay and left our baggages at our hotel
12:30pm We had our lunch at Jasper's
1:30pm Check in the hotel, freshen up and had siesta.
4:00pm Walked from Station 2 to Station 3, had fruit shake, Finally we were able to walk at the beach with the powdery white sand. Truly it was an exciting feeling to touch and walk at the white sand of Boracay.
5:00pm We swam at the beach, watched the magnificent sunset.
Some suggested activities there are Paraw sailing, Boracay sunset cruise, Stand up paddle boarding, Crystal Kayak
7:00pm Dinner at Kolai Mangyan , We tasted their specialty Bulasing Bulalo+Sinigang
8:00pm back to the hotel, freshen up, watched tv.
Other suggested activities there, swimming at the pool, watch and listen to live band infront of the hotel.
8:00am Breakfast at the buffet restaurant in the hotel
10:00am Went to station X The Hue
12:30pm Lunch at La Carmela buffet restaurant 299 pesos each
2:00pm Back to Hotel, freshen up
3:00pm Strolled around, drank some shakes, ate some potato snacks, had hair braid 50 pesos each colorful string 200 pesos labor= 550 pesos
Other suggested activities, body massage, body spa, henna tattoo
4:00pm We went to Willis rock
6:30pm We went to Dmall Mart and Lagoon
8:00pm Take out dinner
8:00am Breakfast in Hotel
9:00am Strolled around, bought souvenirs and pasalubongs
12:00pm Lunch, Chinese Food
3:00pm Land Tour We chose this activity since we had a toddler with us. 500 pesos/hr.
8:00pm Back to hotel and had dinner
9:00pm Went swimming at the hotel pool.
Places we went in our land tour:
Puka Beach- Aside from swimming, there’s really nothing much to do on Puka beach but to just relax on the sand (soft shells)
Mangrove Park- It's a small patch of mangroves that can be toured in less than 10 minutes.
Diniwid beach- The Diniwid Beach is the quiet neighbor of the White Beach, only much smaller and more secluded. But the tourist spot there was demolished by DENR due to some environmental issues.
Keyhole Boracay Newcoast- Have you heard of the “Boracay Keyhole”. This unique rock formation sits out along the side of the island where they are developing “Newcoast”. Here I had my Crystal Kayak. This activity has taken over social media lately. It’s one of the top things to do in Boracay if you’re looking to take breathtaking snaps for Instagram.
Other suggested tours and water activities are Helmet Diving, UFO, Snorkeling, scuba diving, Cliff diving, Parasailing, Paraw Sailing Island hopping, Helicopter ride, mountain trekking,ATV adventure, kitesurfing and a lot more.
There are also other tourist attractions and beaches such as Bulabog Beach and one of the famous spot Crystal Cove.
• Ambassador in Paradise Resort • Aqua Boracay • Astoria Boracay • Astoria Current • Asya Premier Suites • Coast • Crimson Resort and Spa • Discovery Shores • Feliz Hotel • Henann Crystal Sands Resort • Henann Regency Resort and Spa • Movenpick Resort and Spa • Shangri-La Boracay Spa and Resort • The Auhana • The Lind • Two Seasons Boracay
• 7Stones • Altabriza Resort • Alta Vista de Boracay • Belmont Hotel • Boracay Summer Palace Resort • Boracay Uptown Hotel • Chateau de Boracay • Estacio Uno Lifestyle Resort • Fairways and Bluewater • Hennan Garden Resort • Henann Lagoon Resort • Hennan Palm Beach Resort • Henann Park Resort • Henann Prime Beach Resort • Hue Hotels • Jony’s Beach Resort • Nigi Nigi Nu Boos • Savoy Hotel Boracay Newcoast • Seaworthy • Sur Beach Resort • The Tides Hotel • Zuzuni Boutique Hostel
• GT Hotel • Hannah Hotel • Hotel Soffia • La Carmela De Boracay Resort • La Isla Bonita Resort and Spa • Lazy Dog Bed and Breakfast • Levantin Boracay Resort • Lime Hotel • Luxx Boutique • Paradise Garden Hotel • Piccolo Hotel • Seabird International Resort • Surfside Boracay Resort and Spa • Tonglen Eco Resort • Turtle Inn Resort • Urban Boutique Hotel • Alice in Wonderland Beach Hotel • Aloha Boracay • Bamboo Beach Resort • Banana Bay • Boracay Backpackers • Boracay Holiday Resort • Crown Regency Beach Resort • Diamond Water Edge Resort • Eurotel • Fat Jimmy’s Resort • Golden Phoenix Hotel
Below is a list of restaurants in Boracay that offer buffets.
• Bamboo Boracay Resort and Restaurant • Cha Cha’s Beach Cafe at COAST Boracay • Chambery Pool Bar at Savoy Hotel • Don Vito Ristorante Italiano at the Boracay Mandarin Island Hotel • La-Ud Restuarant at Hue Hotels • Nalka Seafood Restaurant • Parasol at Astoria Current • Saffron Cafe at Crimson Boracay • Sands Restaurant at Discovery Shores • Sapphire at Hennan Crystal Sands • Sea Breeze Cafe at Hennan Regency Resort and Spa • Sea Salt Restaurant at Hennan Prime Beach Resort • Sunset View Resto Bar at Paradise Garden Resort Hotel • Tartine at The Lind • The Market at Movenpick Boracay • Vintana at Shangri-La’s Boracay Resort and Spa • White Cafe at Astoria Boracay
One pub and resto bar is the Epic
Famous restaurants, fastfood, Korean restos and Chinese restos are there too.
Other Famous food and drinks are • Banana Choco Peanut Shake from Jonah’s Fruit Shake • Beef Kebab from Meze Wrap • Blackfish Coffee from Blackfish Coffee Bar • Bulasing from Kolai Mangyan • Calamansi Muffin from Real Coffee • Chicken Inasal from Island Chicken Inasal • Chori Burger from Merly’s Barbecue • Death Cream Coffee from Little Wave Cafe • Dino Ribs from Los Indios Bravos at White House Beach Resort • Gelato from Aria Cucina Italiana • Grilled Piri-Piri Chicken from Spicebird • Iced Caramel Macchiato from Cafe Del Sol • Lobster Thermidor from Charl’s Seafood Grill and Restaurant • Mango Ice Cup at Halomango • Mixed Berry Acai Bowl from Cafe Maruja • Oyster Sisig from barLO Restaurant at Two Seasons Resort • Porchetta Bagnet from Salsa Fusion Restaurant at Serene La Playa • Salpicao de Vaca from Don Mestizos • Seafood Bilao from Sugba de Boracay • Signature Cakes from Lemoni Cafe • Sizzling Bulalo Steak from Bama Grill • Tempeh Kare-Kare at Nonie’s • Thai Curry Crab from Percy’s Seafood • Vegan-Friendly Coconut Ice Cream at Coco Mama • Winner Winner Fried Chicken from Cha Cha’s Beach Cafe
Our toddler was cooperative and she had fun. So, from my experience, here are some travel tips and ideas when traveling to Boracay with a toddler.
The finest feature of Boracay as a family vacation spot is that it offers something for everyone, even young children. Be careful and pack light if you're taking your kids to Boracay. What to pack and what to leave behind are some packing suggestions.
1. Beach stuff takes up too much room in the luggage.
What good is a beach excursion without a shovel and a bucket? Toys can be purchased at D'Mall, or you can simply stroll from White Beach Station 2 to Station 3 and you will undoubtedly come across vendors selling items other than buckets and shovels, such as goggles, beach balls.
2. Baby sunscreen
The need for sunscreen is especially important for infants and young children, whose delicate skin renders them more prone to sunburn. Even if it's cloudy (80% of the sun's radiation passes through clouds) or they aren't in the water (sand reflects sunlight), kids should wear sunscreen. Although most convenience stores in Boracay sell sunscreen for both adults and children, it is important to test out several brands of sunscreen for your child at least a week before your vacation. Apply an untested brand of sunscreen to your child's forearm as a "patch test" to see if an allergic response develops within 48 hours.
If you have a baby or young child, look for a sunscreen that is hypoallergenic, waterproof or water-resistant.
3. Prepare a brimmed hat for your young child as well.
Babies and young children can be seen frequently in the early morning and late afternoon in Boracay, and with good cause. The damaging effects of the noon sun are bad for everyone's skin, but they are particularly bad for a baby's delicate skin. So putting a brimmed hat is a must too.
4. diapers and other children's bathroom supplies.
There's no need to bring more disposable diapers than necessary. They are available in Budget Mart at D'Mall and other convenience stores, along with other standard amenities like powder, mild soap, shampoo, and insect repellent lotion. (However, you'd prefer to bring your own supply if your youngster stays with a certain brand.)
5. Beach umbrellas
Bring an umbrella for your child if you have to take them outside in the midday sun (maybe on the way to a fantastic restaurant for lunch). Remember to apply sunscreen to your youngster; an umbrella won't shield them from the sun's rays as they reflect off the beach.
You cannot carry an umbrella on board the airline in your hand; instead, pack it in your checked luggage.
6. Food and water
We brought some snacks with us just incase we got hungry but There are plenty of fresh food choices for every budget in Boracay. You can purchase milk, drinking water, and baby food in the grocery stores. There are plenty of restaurants with kid-friendly menu. Don't forget to bring more water. My toddler wanted to drink a lot. Bring some water too to rinse her body after swimming in the sea.
7. Clothes and OOTD's
You can look and buy some nice OOTD's for your little ones too. If you’re in for some shopping, the four-kilometer stretch of White Beach is lined with little shops that sell beach wear and accessories. Summer dresses, shirts, shorts, and swimwear for the little ones cost anywhere from 70 to 250 pesos. No need to bring mats. There are people there offering for a rent mat for 50-100 pesos.
There is no denying that Boracay continues to uphold its status as one of the top tourist destinations in both the Philippines and around the globe.
No matter your preferences or background, you will undoubtedly discover enjoyable activities to do in Boracay to make your trip worthwhile. Because Boracay is constantly changing, it has a timeless attraction.
This island develops alongside the people who guard it and the visitors that visit it. A spot that travelers from all over the world will feel needed to see at least once in their lifetime, it will continue to be a renowned destination for a very long time.
writer, 555 view(s)
University of Santo Tomas is one tourist spot we should all visit at least once here in Manila
writer, 838 view(s)
revisiting an old authentic chinese restaurant.
writer, 540 view(s)
Ma Mon Luk, An authentic chinese comfort food right in the heart of Quezon City